Tuesday September 18, 2018- Friday September 21, 2018
Today you will begin working on a self portrait. You will have all week to work on the self portrait AND your Initial FQs.
I will be teaching Yellow Team in The Durst Tuesday and Wednesday. Jackie Sacks will be in my classroom to assist.
Your self portrait does NOT have to be realistic. If you want to draw yourself realistically you can, but be aware that you only have this week to work on the portrait in class.
Think about duality and how you may translate thoughts, feelings, philosophies, and concepts into symbols like Frida Kahlo did.
Initial Fundamental Questions (Final draft due at the end of Core on Friday, September 21)
These will provide the substance to guide your creativity. Your proposal must be approved before you may begin your artwork.
- Evidence: Using your responses above, what have you learned about yourself? Discuss how your dualities make your voice unique. In your answer, incorporate at least three specific examples from your self-reflection, attaching your full responses to the questions above as evidence.
- Perspective: Dualities create a sense of split self. Choose one of these “selves”, and write a letter to the other “self”.
- Connections: You took a personality test in Pre-AP Communications. Discuss your personality test results, and explain how these connect with your self-reflection and/or self-portrait above.
- Relevance: How is a greater understanding of yourself valuable to your growth as an artist?
- Transition: This is your proposal for your project. Your artwork must be inspired by and/or directly connected to your self-reflection and/or self-portrait above, especially your sense of duality.
- What is your project idea?
- What is/are your primary art form(s) for this project? Keep in mind that you may combine elements of different art forms.
- What materials will you need for this project?
- Using screenshots of the Red Team Google Calendar, create a calendar in GoodNotes to plan out the steps for completion of your project.
Step 4: Create Art Piece
- Initial Check-in with Teacher:
- Progress Check: October 4
- Peer & Adult Feedback Form (Progress 2): Due November 2