AP Studio Art Portfolio Due May 10th
Selected Works (Quality) — 5 actual works | 33.3% of portfolio score
Works demonstrating understanding of two-dimensional design in concept, composition, and execution. Includes works that exhibit the synthesis of 2-D form, technique, and content. Works may come from the Sustained Investigation or Range of Approaches sections, but they don't have to.
Sustained Investigation (Concentration) — 12 digital images; some may be details or process images | 33.3% of portfolio score Works describing an in-depth exploration of a particular 2-D design concern. Must not include images of the work included in the Range of Approaches section.
Range of Approaches (Breadth) — 12 digital images; 1 image each of 12 different works | 33.3% of portfolio score A variety of works demonstrating understanding of 2-D design issues. Must not include images of the work included in the Sustained Investigation section. The works submitted for evaluation may have been produced in art classes or on students' own time and may cover a period of time longer than a single school year. Any work that makes use of photographs, published images, or other artists' work must show substantial and significant development beyond duplication. This is demonstrated through manipulation of the formal qualities, design, or concept of the source. Students' personal, unique artistic vision should be clearly evident.
March 19th mid process critique- Art as Activism
May- Photo Show, Jose Colon Guzman visiting artist, AP studio portfolio.
C.R.A.P. in design
Assignments through November 20th (29th)- it is the expectation that all Photo Focus students turn in 5 photos for LUCID by November 29th. This means class time should be used for planning, shooting, editing, and finalizing your series for LUCID.
Use your photo journal to record your responses:
1. What is the definition of LUCID?
2. Put lucid into thesaurus and choose 5 words that you are drawn to that are synonyms to the word LUCID.
3. Think about the words you chose and imagine potential photo shoots that could be created based on some of the thesaurus words for LUCID. Write your ideas down in your photo journal. Try to come up with 3 potential photo shoots.
4. The Due Date for LUCID is November 29th. This gives you 4 class periods to use to edit before it is due.. I will be checking in with my sub to see if there are students who are not using the time to work.
5. Create a plan for yourself including dates, to do list, lighting, models (if needed), and other considerations for ensuring your success. I will be checking this when I return. Looking at your schedule in the next week will be important for your success.
Read the following article. Choose one of the photographers to investigate further. Respond in your photo journal to the following questions:
If you find yourself without anything to work on for this class, you can use your time to continue to gather photographs that you may use for "Breadth" in your portfolio of photographs (imaginary portfolio at this point). You can collect them in a folder in google drive to be added to throughout the year.
Ben, Jacob, Jane, and Mireyli - I put a folder in Breadth for you, in Focus Google Drive
Photo Journal entry: